Project Manager, DoSomething Strategic
Reports to: Head of Client Services, DoSomething Strategic
DoSomething Strategic is a social impact consultancy built for clients that want to activate young people and fuel meaningful positive social change. We’re the consulting arm of DoSomething.org, one of the largest global organizations for young people and social change. Our clients are for-profit companies, not-for-profit organizations, and foundations. Clients include Google, Nike, Foot Locker, College Board, The Wilderness Society, and Habitat for Humanity.
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
As a team within DoSomething.org, DoSomething Strategic has all of the benefits of being part of an award-winning 25-year-old not-for-profit while still operating like a fast-growing start-up. DoSomething Strategic is an earned income revenue stream for DoSomething.org — all of the profit we generate supports DoSomething.org’s mission.
If you’re a fan of karaoke, Toto’s “Africa,” passionate people, and getting stuff done, check us out at DoSomethingStrategic.org
Consider yourself a highly organized, self starter with an eye for detail and a pulse on the bottom line? Do you flourish in face-paced environments and love to problem-solve? Is “process” your middle name?
We’re looking for an experienced project manager—a conductor to our orchestra of strategists—who will drive timelines, wrangle contractors, manage budgets, and monitor progress allowing the consultancy to deliver exceptional work that makes our clients happy!
- Partner with strategists to develop and run client projects that marry the SOW to a streamlined project workflow
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope while also meeting client expectations; track project milestones and deliverables
- Work with strategists to manage and update project status reports that get delivered to clients, contractors, and internal teams
- Work with strategy team to identify and resolve problems
- Cultivate relationships with contractors in a variety of fields (design, writing, web development, video production, etc)
- Solicit contractor bids and estimate hard costs of all projects
- Coordinate the work of and manage contractors to ensure a streamlined process and on-time delivery of quality work
- Partner with Head of Client Services to help facilitate accurate and realistic staffing and financial forecasts; review weekly time reports and provide report summaries to management identifying resource needs, opportunities, and risks; and actively manage any forecast updates
- Manage individual PO set up and invoice tracking
- Schedule and facilitate internal status meetings
- Research and bring best-in-class processes and industry practices to the table
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you! You have:
- 3-5 years of project management experience, preferably in a marketing, public relations, or advertising agency setting
- Experience managing projects that include prioritizing responsibilities and managing time for members of a team, and tracking details of multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of marketing, design, print production, video, and web development process
- Experience in managing video and print production, web development, and working with outside vendors
- Experience working with project management software
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in written format with internal team members
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong financial management skills
- See (and seek) solutions, not problems
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- The ability to work well on a team
- Proficient in Smartsheet
- Quality proofing skills and a good eye for the visual details
- Have a rolodex of production partners and creative and strategy contractors
- Salary commensurate with a nonprofit scale
- DoSomething fully covers medical and dental premiums for our employees. Yep, you read that right.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day — office closes at 1:30), dynamic office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we might bake you cookies if you do)
- DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic are equal opportunity employers. Obviously.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.