Reports To: Marketing Manager
Overview: As the Scholarship Intern, you’ll provide direction and support to DoSomething.org’s scholarship program. You’ll work closely with multiple teams to ensure the scholarship process runs smoothly by:
- Acting as the scholarship liaison between marketing, finance and membership support teams
- Managing and streamlining scholarship operations
For more information on our internship program including dates and compensation, please visit our internships page.
What you’ll do:
- Create scholarship blurbs/rules for scholarship partners.
- Manage relationship with scholarship partners to ensure scholarships are uploaded to databases in timely fashion without error.
- Forge relationships with new scholarship partners to reach more young people.
- Oversee updates to the DoSomething.org scholarship page at the end of every month.
- Member Engagement:
- Select scholarship winner at the close of each campaign.
- Send and receive contracts and personal identification information from winners and upload into Salesforce and the scholarship Trello board.
- Lead communication with past scholarship winners.
- Once the scholarship winner is ready to receive their scholarship, you will be responsible for financial internal/external paperwork and updating Salesforce
- Other Projects:
- Research different platforms to alleviate manual or high-barrier aspects of our current scholarship process
- SEO backlinking and partnership development across college & financial resource sites
- Researching and fostering relationships with new scholarship partners
What you’ll learn:
- How to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- How to create incentive strategies to reach the most amount of young people and create the most impact
- How to use data to inform and offer up smart process (and product!) recommendations across multiple teams
- Ways to cultivate a positive scholarship experience
What we’re looking for:
- A people person! You’ll be on the front lines with our members and we want somebody who embodies the DoSomething spirit
- Someone with communication skills. You’ll have to relay important and time-sensitive information between multiple teams
- Impeccable organizational, time planning skills and attention to detail
- Passion for putting smiles on people’s faces
- Self-sufficient - you should be the type of person who will search high and low to find an answer yourself before asking someone else
How to apply:
- Include your resume and cover letter (no more than 300 words) -- no boring cover letters!
- Respond to the corresponding questionnaire
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.