Reports to: Marketing Manager
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 6 million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone who has the right balance of pure intuition & data to back up what’ll take off and what won’t (which comes from years of internet use) and a true understanding of social communities, including how they function and interact.
We’re not new to the digital marketing world. We have a presence on top social media channels (with 2.5m+ Facebook likes, 750k+ Twitter followers, & 109k Instagram followers) and we’re active across Snapchat, YouTube, and Tumblr, to name a few!).
We’re looking for a badass Social Community Manager to ensure we’re always ahead of the social media game.
What you’ll do here.
- Social media management. You’ll oversee the personality, content, community, and analytics of all our existing social media channels.
- Audience Development.You’ll always have an ear on the ground for influencers that we should be connecting with to amplify our presence in order to grow our following among the 13-25 year old demo. You’ll oversee and grow our social influencer program.
- Marketing and PR Partnership strategy and execution. Brands love us. And they’ll love you. You’ll work with Fortune 500 companies on best-in-class partnerships that will use social to drive a LOT of impact. Previous work in social media marketing and PR platform deliverables is in overall sponsorship packages is required.
- Be a serious team player. You’ll work congruently with the rest of the marketing and creative team to develop and execute creative ideas on social media that crush our sponsor goals.
- Keep us best-in-class. Ensure DoSomething.org’s relevance with young people by monitoring social trends, beta testing new and emerging, platforms, and engaging with brands and content creators.
What you’ve done.
- Walked the walk. You have 3-5 years of experience as a social media manager or marketing manager with a heavy focus on social. You’ve grown your own personal social presence through community engagement, tracking analytics, and being your authentic self. You’ve built and shown significant growth on key social channels for a company or NGO, not only because you know the technical nuances of the social platforms, but because you know the tone and voice of the organization best.
- Been social. You’ve attended ComicCon, BeautyCon, VidCon, or similar. You can network the heck out of them and make friends with influencers, too.
- Showcased your passion. Your social media speaks to your passions for what you’ve done and what changes you want to see in the world. (Psst...our members love seeing the ways we’re changing the world!)
- Made it work. You have a track record of expressing super creative ideas and seeing them through to fruition. You find solutions when everyone around you can only see the problems. And you’ll take on any challenge to do what’s best for the social community you’re building.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday, Valentine’s day, and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething.
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.