Director of Campaign Management
Reports to: Head of Campaigns
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
This is your opportunity to oversee the development, execution, and evaluation of campaigns that will get DoSomething.org’s 6 million global members, ages 13 - 25, to take action on causes ranging from poverty and homelessness, to education and mental health, to literally any cause that affects young people and their communities.
- Manage national, corporate-sponsored, cause campaigns.
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop, execute, and evaluate national cause campaigns.
- Coordinate and lead key sponsor-facing meetings throughout the execution to ensure transparent communication; own and cultivate senior relationships with sponsors.
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality relationship management and work product, by being able to incorporate feedback from our partners comprehensively across all campaign aspects.
- Develop system to consistently codify learnings and analyses from each campaign to increase impact and performance of future campaigns.
- Head up the project and account management processes.
- Manage multiple full-time reports focused on building, executing, and evaluating campaigns with corporate sponsors. This includes providing coaching/mentoring to team members, fostering collaboration, and encouraging continuous learning.
- Reinvent the onboarding process for new hires on the campaigns team, refresh existing processes and templatize communications with all sponsors, and troubleshoot during the campaign run to ensure the campaign is on track to exceed external and internal goals.
- Internally, meet with the heads of business development and marketing to ensure work is projected accurately and effectively, with all deliverables prioritized accordingly.
- Maintain excellence of campaigns, hitting all sponsor goals to ensure that 100% of sponsors re-sign with DoSomething for the following year.
- Serve as Principal Lead for client who is responsible for ensuring the productivity of meetings with senior-level corporate partners; solicit and act on partner feedback; help manage partner expectations.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of client management experience
- Outstanding project management experience. Quick thinker who know how to put out fires (short-term triage) but then reconfigure processes (long-term improvements).
- Troubleshooting Pro -- We're looking for someone who can stay cool under pressure while also springing quickly into action to get everyone back on track.
- Maturity with handling difficult client relationships and finding positive outcomes for all.
- Passion for social change
- Exceptional strategy, planning and analytical skills coupled with a strong business acumen
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations.
- A genuine eagerness to mentor, encourage, and learn from a diverse and talented team.
- Enthusiastic and creative leadership ability to inspire others. Interpersonal skills to selflessly inspire and elevate the work of those around them, and to work with different resources, and personalities seamlessly.
- Desire to be involved and be a hands-on leader.
- Require no external force to fan their entrepreneurial flame
- Prone to see (and seek) solutions, not problems
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
Select Perks & Benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or 6? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Pretty please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.