Reports To: Social Community Manager
Overview: We’re in the business of social change on a budget, so social media is incredibly important for us at DoSomething.org. This internship is about utilizing your expertise to maximize reach, and impact on free platforms. We need someone that lives and breathes the internet, someone who has survived the depths of Twitter, the pits of reddit, the Minion Memes on Facebook. As renowned artist Aaliyah once famously asked, “are you that somebody?”
For more information on our internship program including dates and compensation, please visit our internships page.
What You'll Do:
- Work as a bridge for the marketing and creative team to develop an editorial calendar for our social channels that generates quality traffic from social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram) to our campaigns and keeps DoSomething.org relevant in conversations happening around the world.
- Create compelling social media plans for sponsored campaigns that includes writing copy for marketing partners and celebrities.
- Engage with existing fans across our owned channels.
- Reach out to digital influencers and get them involved in our campaigns!
What You'll Learn:
- You'll become a better strategic thinker
- You'll learn a lot about optimization on content
What We're Looking For:
- Someone incredibly passionate about social change and the organization
- Someone who is creative but can also take direction
- Someone who is self-motivated and can multi-task
- Someone who understands the internet and how our audience uses it
- Have experience in the wonderful world of online content creators. (Ever been to VidCon? Good)
How To Apply:
- Send in your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should be 140 characters max, no exceptions.
- Include answers to questions below, no longer than a paragraph for each. Show your critical and strategic thinking skills.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.