Reports to: Strategy Team
Overview: 'DoSomething Strategic' is the awesome strategic consultancy of DoSomething.org that works with companies, not-for-profits, and governments to help them reach young people and fuel meaningful social change. Check out www.dosomethingstrategic.org for more info on what we do.
In this position, you'll be working with the strategy team on the client services side (research, writing, project management, etc.) supporting our existing projects.
For more information on our internship program, please visit our internships page.
What you’ll do:
- Research. Everything from finding trends on teen financial literacy for one of our clients, looking into new social media platforms to inform our work, to researching the background of a new organization/company we’re pitching to, you’ll be expected to not only gather information but to also bring your own ideas/suggestions to the table based on your learnings.
- Writing. We may ask you to do create research summaries that will be sent directly to clients, or to own an email inbox that helps students who are applying to one of our scholarship programs. Either way, you’ll need to be ready and excited to write!
- Project Management and Execution. This could mean reaching out to high schools to plan surprise events for scholarship winners, helping us organize/process all the checks we send out to our incredible scholarship winners, or developing social media content for our clients. You’ll need to get in the weeds and be a team player to help us execute on our diverse set of client projects.
- Problem Solving. We’re a fast-paced office and team, so we’ll need your help coming up with solutions. You should be excited about taking different kinds of projects head on, and you’ll need to be ready to pivot quickly and come up with innovative solutions on the fly.
What you'll learn:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- The day-to-day workings of a strategic consultancy
- Startup life in the not-for-profit world
- How to develop client-facing strategies that fit client goals
What we are looking for:
- Excellent writing and communication skills: solid grammar, ability to convey message clearly, good telephone manner
- Detail-oriented thinker
- Passion for social change
- Enthusiastic personality
- Interest in CSR, marketing, and everything data
- Knowledge of pop culture and the teen trends of the moment
- Be ready and able to produce client-facing documents
- Confident working independently and taking ownership of full projects from start to finish
Huge plus if you have experience with any of the following:
- Social media implementation for a brand/company
- Working at an agency or in another client-facing situation
- Please send the following application. Any application that doesn't follow directions will be immediately disqualified. (Harsh, right?)
- Cover letter
- Contact information for two references at the bottom of your cover letter
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.