Title: Senior Product Designer, User Experience
Reports to: Head of Product
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 6M+ members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone to lead all aspects of product design for DoSomething.org from the strategy down to the hands-on execution. The successful candidate for this role is someone who can simplify complex user problems into seamless product design solutions. You are someone who is passionate about developing social engagement experiences for young people based on user insights around our 6M+ members.
What you’ll do here:
- Oversee all aspects of product design at DoSomething.org – whether it’s user experience, information architecture, or visual/interaction design
- Lead design efforts across the entire product lifecycle from discovery to later stage design optimization and refinement
- Execute hands-on design work across our consumer touchpoints including web, email, SMS and beyond
- Devise and validate design solutions to complex user problems with varying levels of fidelity based on needs (from sketches and prototypes to production-ready designs)
- Collaborate closely with UX researcher to uncover key user insights to create seamless, elegant, highly-engaging product experiences; ability to run day-to-day usability testing
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the organization including product, technology, data and business-side leaders across the organization to identity and tackle the most import design needs in a fast-paced environment
- Establish design operational process and core best practices, e.g. for our pattern library
- Manage and mentor product designer
- Communicate effectively across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve led design efforts on a consumer product that users have adopted and love
- You have a vision for where a product can go grounded in practicality about where to begin and how we might iterate to get there
- You’re self-directed and highly motivated
- You have a passion for our mission and problem space
- You’re excited about creating and refining a better DoSomething.org experience
- You have a strong sensibility for the role of data and user research in the product and design process
- You have excellent communication skills and experience building support for your ideas
- You’ve demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple projects demanding varying levels of design attention
- You thrive working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- You have management experience
- You have 5-7 years of professional working experience in consumer design
- You’re proficient in design tools like Sketch and InVision
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday, Valentine’s day, and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.