Reports to: Senior Manager of PR & Talent Relations
Overview: The PR intern will help DoSomething.org reach more young people through press coverage, celebrity and influencer outreach/management, and special events.
For more about our internship program including dates and compensation, please see our internships page.
What you'll do:
- Research and identify relevant celebrities/influencers to support DoSomething.org campaigns
- Pitch scholarship winners to local press outlets
- Brainstorm and execute upon unique strategies to work with celebrities/influencers to drive press and get their fans involved in campaigns
- Work with Digital Marketing Intern to draft social media plans associated with the Celebs/Influencers that you discovered
- Brainstorm PR stunts to help drive press coverage for our campaigns
- Assist with logistics for celebrity PSA shoots and events
- Create pitch materials for talent and PR outlets
- Maintain press records for internal use and to report to external partners
- Update the press page on the site
What you'll learn:
- How much all of the people on your team (even the ones you don’t directly report to) love grabbing coffee and/or McFlurries
- How to write pitches that people want to read
- How to use Cision to build outreach lists, and monitor media
- How to create strategies to reach the most amount of young people and create the most impact
- All of the words to Toto's Africa
What we're looking for:
- Someone who could get 100 on this Buzzfeed quiz.
- And fully understands this.
- Super organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills; solid grammar, ability to convey message clearly, good telephone manner
- Self-starter, ability to work well alone or with others
- Creative, can think outside of the box
- Someone who can manage their time in order to hit tight deadlines
- You love and live all of this.
- Please attach your resume and a cover letter
- Cover letter should be no longer than 200 words, in your professional speaking voice. No boring cover letters!
- Respond to the questions below
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.