Title: People Operations Associate
Reports to: Director of Finance & HR
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 6 million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. Our People Operations Associate will take on a broad range of HR and people operations initiatives that play a critical role in the development and maintenance of our unique employee and candidate experience. We are looking for someone proactive and energetic, who is resourceful and has great people skills (with an enthusiasm to help!) and is passionate about contributing to the DoSomething culture.
What you’ll do here.
- People Operations
- Company liaison. Maintain relationship with our PEO and other benefit providers/brokers to answer staff questions and troubleshoot payroll and benefits administration issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Open enrollment. Lead annual benefits open enrollments, employee changes, and terminations
- Staff leave. Handle both the coordination and administration of leaves and claim management, including those covered by the Family Medical Care Act, NY Paid Family Leave, and other state/federal leave laws
- Company policies. Document and review our company policies, procedures, and forms to ensure compliance with workplace and employment law, and enforce consistent application
- Know your stuff. Stay on top of HR related legislation and requirements, proactively tracking what’s changing locally and federally to ensure org compliance
- Documentation. Maintain HR records and HRIS systems, including processing onboarding (new hire) and offboarding (termination) paperwork, recording changes in job classifications, merit increases, etc.
- Onboarding. Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation, and benefits enrollment with our PEO, to ensure positive onboarding experience
- Additional Responsibilities
- Operate as point person for staff by answering day-to-day employee questions (people ops, benefits admin, payroll, PEO, regulations, etc) and fulfilling requests
- Support hiring by coordinating all candidate interviews and logistics with the Talent & Culture Manager
- Initiate, implement, and monitor all aspects of our three internship sessions (creating and posting job descriptions, kickoff meetings, orientation, admin duties, intern events, maintaining culture, exit surveys, etc.)
- Work with the Talent & Culture Manager and Office Experience Coordinator to coordinate staff celebrations, staff happiness/fun events, student site visits and informational presentations for groups, and to plan and execute our annual Staff Retreat
What you’ve done.
- 2-3 years of experience in the human resources functions, including experience with HRIS systems (e.g. PEOs, BambooHR), employee lifecycle management, legal compliance, company policy development, compensation & benefits, and payroll
- Knowledge of HR standards, laws, and best practices (and experience administering leave of absences, including FMLA/CFRA, PDL), with the diligence and drive to stay on top of what’s changing locally and federally to ensure org compliance
- Proficient using Slack, Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, etc.) and Microsoft Office software (Word/Excel//PowerPoint)
Who you are.
- You love people and know the importance of fostering employee satisfaction to strengthen our culture
- You have a deep understanding of the critical need for confidentiality, for maintaining company and employee privacy, and collecting and processing employee information in the strictest confidence with integrity
- Excellent project, task, and time management skills with the ability to succeed in fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline-driven environment that requires shifting priorities
- An engaged, effective communicator and natural connector with the people skills to interact professionally, diplomatically, and productively with colleagues and contacts at all levels
- Systematic and analytical thinker with sound judgment and an interest in efficiency, optimization, and building scalable solutions that positively impacts organizational culture, morale and performance
- Must be results oriented and accountable, with high energy level, humor, and positive mindset
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday, Valentine’s day, and a half-day on Halloween, f you’re in costume.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
- Submit your Resume and Cover Letter
- Cover Letter should convey why you’re interested in joining us, and growing with us, as our People Operations Associate
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.