Office Experience Associate
Reports to: Director of Finance & HR
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 6 million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. Our Office Experience Associate will take on a broad range of daily office responsibilities and projects to create and maintain a positive employee experience for the DoSomething team. If you love to help others (and have great people skills!), have a desire to fix what seems broken (and have great problem solving skills!), and are passionate about contributing to the DoSomething culture, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do here.
- Office Operations:
- Proactively manage the offices day-to-day operations (hospitality, logistics, supplies, mail), keeping the office functional and the space tidy to create an enjoyable office environment for the team
- Work within the Finance team to negotiate the purchase of office and kitchen supplies to budget, and manage a schedule of deliveries to maintain stock of office supplies and purchases
- Act as a liaison to building and property managers, working with landlord and cleaning service to resolve issues in a timely, practical, and solution-oriented fashion
- Play a key role in running and coordinating event logistics for DoSomething events, both external for clients and visitors and internal for the team, coordinating in-office meetings and events with the respective project owner
- Design and develop self-service standard operating procedures for staff while contributing to office culture and making sure staff feel supported
- Coordinate office safety program, including annual training and drills
- Scheduling and Administrative Support:
- Support CEO by managing calendar and appointments
- Support hiring by coordinating candidate interviews and logistics with the Talent & Culture Manager
- Support finance with weekly invoice processing and monthly preparation of Certify expense reports
- Support the success of our staff by coordinating and booking work travel
- Provide general administrative support, including emails, data entry, document scanning, faxing, and filing
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Use templates to compile and distribute departmental updates such as our weekly “Tissue Issue” and monthly Finance team updates
- Manage Innovation Meeting calendar
- Operate as the point person for staff by answering day-to-day employee office management questions and fulfilling requests
What you’ve done.
- 1 - 2 years of comparable experience, with a strong interest and passion for office and calendar management and maintaining company culture
- Work independently and within a team environment with exceptional follow through and follow-up skills
- Strategize to create solutions to improve workplace processes, while calm under pressure and able to take on new challenges with ease
- Proficient using Slack, Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, etc.) and Microsoft Office software (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Who you are.
- You pay ridiculous attention to detail and are a Type-A personality – aka your closet is organized by color
- You have a true customer service attitude with the desire to work with a variety of needs and personalities
- Exemplary project management, task, and time management skills with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Must be results-driven and accountable, with high energy level, humor, and positive mindset
- You’re comfortable “failing fast”, and know the most important thing is how you rectify and learn from those failures
- You are both super fun and super professional and don’t see any contradiction between the two
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday, Valentine’s day, and a half-day on Halloween, if you’re in costume.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
- Submit your resume and cover letter
- Cover letter should convey why you’re interested in learning and growing with us as our Office Experience Coordinator
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.