Reports to: Head of Product
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 6 million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone highly motivated, organized and user obsessed to create, deliver, and optimize highly engaging product experiences that guide young people, heighten their empathy and drive them to take meaningful social & civic action in support of strategic growth for DoSomething.org.
What you’ll do here:
- New Product Development: Translate strategic objectives and user problems into product feature opportunities for DoSomething.org. Iterate and test into possibilities through product discovery in partnership with cross-functional team.
- Feature Optimization & Iteration: Track success metrics and proactively improve the core user experience of DoSomething.org with attention to key touchpoints and conversion at every step in the user journey. Leverage qualitative and quantitative testing and insights.
- Product Owner in Agile Scrum Team: Create clear user stories, product specs, and prioritized backlogs in iterative sprints to accomplish goals.
- Storytelling & Communication: Translate work across departments with a focus on impact and value for our users. Own product performance for your portfolio and communicate it out across the organization.
- Campaign Support: Partner closely with our campaigns team to ensure great campaign experiences for our users and business partners. Advise on best practices to optimize experiences for user satisfaction and conversion to social action.
What you’ve done & who you are:
- You have 2-4 years of consumer product experience and have shipped products users have adopted and love
- You are a ruthless prioritizer and adept at framing up any key tradeoffs with exceptional attention when it comes to impact, value for users and opportunity costs
- You have experience with conversion funnels and optimizing across touchpoints in a user journey
- You have a vision for where a product can go grounded in practicality about where to begin and how we might iterate to get there
- You’re self-directed and highly motivated in owning your product’s success
- You’re excited about creating and refining a better DoSomething.org experience
- You have a strong sensibility for the role of data and user research in the product process
- You have excellent communication skills and experience building support for your ideas
- You’ve demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple projects demanding varying levels of attention
- You thrive working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday and Valentine’s day off, plus a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.