Social Community Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone who has the right balance of pure intuition & data to back up what’ll "take off" and what won’t when it comes to social, and a true understanding of social communities, including how they function and how those within them interact with DoSomething and each other.
We know social (2.4M+ Facebook likes, 744k+ Twitter followers, & 117k Instagram followers) and know (with your help!) where our members want us to be next.
We’re looking for a badass Social Community Manager to ensure we’re always ahead of the social media game.
What you’ll do here.
Go-to contact for all things social for our campaigns. Brands love us. And they’ll love you. You’ll be responsible for drafting and executing social media plans (copy, cadence, and, where necessary, locking influencers and overseeing their activations) in partnership with our awesome corporate sponsors like GM, Hollister, Harry’s, and ESPN, just to name a few. You’ll leverage social to drive awareness to our causes and campaigns, and report back to sponsors on that impact at the close of campaigns.
Day-to-day community management. You’ll oversee the personality, content, community, comments, and analytics of all our existing social media channels on a daily basis. This work will ladder up to delivering monthly social media reports to DoSomething staff on growth by platform, and other marketing KPIs.
Social media growth strategy and execution. You’ll mastermind the strategies to grow and expand our presence where young people are. You’ll always have an ear to the ground for any emerging platforms to reach our 13-25 year old demo, and you’re not afraid to suggest ideas or venture into new territories when it comes to social. This includes ensuring DoSomething.org’s relevance with young people by monitoring social trends and engaging with brands and content creators.
- Brand Ambassadors Program. You’ll manage, grow, and activate DoSomething’s “Brand Ambassadors” program: a dedicated group of youth activists, influencers, and celebs who love DoSomething and want to support our causes and campaigns!
- People management and mentorship. You’ll be responsible for hiring, training, and managing a part-time spring/fall intern and full-time summer intern to support with key deliverables throughout the year.
What you’ve done.
You’ve spent at least 2-3 years in a similar role with direct experience working on social platform deliverables. Previous work within an agency setting, or as part of a larger partnership or brand strategy team a plus!
You’ve got a track record of growing a brand’s social presence not only because you know the technical nuances of the social platforms, but because of your uncanny ability to adapt the tone and voice of the brand to reach audiences where they live. Ideally, this includes building and nurturing strategic partnerships with other brands and influencers.
You have a proven background expressing innovative social media ideas and seeing them through to fruition. On top of finely tuned project management and organizational skills, you know your way around a spreadsheet, you’re gifted at using numbers to tell a story, and you’re no stranger to pitching new ideas in public and defending them to leadership. Occasional presentations to DoSomething staff and leadership teams on the state of social media will be required.
You’re comfortable working within an agile environment and experienced in pivoting and evolving strategies to meet tight deadlines, and you do it with unshakable attention to detail and a sense of urgency. This isn’t your first time interacting with external clients and stakeholders. You know how to prioritize their dynamic needs while keeping tabs on all of the internal stuff. And, if the occasion calls for it, you’re not afraid to delegate or ask for help.
You’re a serious team player with a talent for working congruently with broader marketing and creative teams to crush both internal and external goals, and cross-functionally with Business Development and Product professionals to support key social deliverables. This means you’re highly responsive and collaborative with impeccable follow-through and solid communication skills.
- You’re passionate about developing and mentoring young people and have managed at least one direct report, if not a cohort of interns and/or volunteers as part of a larger program.
3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday and Valentine’s day off...and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways of making coffee.
An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.