Summer 2020: Campaigns Internship
Reports to: Campaign Lead
Overview: The campaign intern will assist the campaigns team in executing active campaigns as well as researching ideas for new campaigns.
This intern will be required to work full-time, 32 hours per week from June 2-August 7, 2020. This position is paid $15/hour.
Please know that given the current COVID-19 pandemic developments, there is a chance that this internship will be remote.
For more information on our internship program, please visit our internships page.
What you’ll do:
- Help with day-to-day management of major staff pick campaigns.
- Communicate with members who request help for specific campaigns.
- Help with voter registration drives and get out the vote efforts.
- Help maintain active campaigns. This includes monitoring activity, sorting through member submitted photos on each campaign, and general quality assurance.
- Research within a variety of different cause spaces and on issues that the organization wants to create new campaigns around.
- Brainstorm campaign ideas.
- Write select campaign content.
What you’ll learn:
- What it takes to run national level cause campaigns.
- Increased knowledge of social change cause spaces around the world.
- DoSomething.org’s campaign creation process.
- How to effectively pitch campaign ideas.
- Project management skills.
- How to personally engage members at scale.
- How to manage relationships with corporate partners.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing complicated projects.
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write clearly, good telephone manner.
- Strong research skills.
- Interest or experience in project management.
- Passion for the causes we focus on (we mean it).
- PUSH. We like people who fight for their ideas and constantly try to make themselves better.
- An intersectional activist. You understand how your pet cause relates to other issue areas. You want different lived experiences and perspectives represented in the movements you belong to.
- A creative brainstormer.
Please send the following application. Any application that doesn't follow directions will be immediately disqualified. (Harsh, right?)
- Cover letter should be no longer than 300 words and not boring. Seriously.
Please no phone calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.