Reports to: Head of Campaigns
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We're looking for someone to drive our impact on the civic space, including: scaling our on the ground voter registration program, developing and managing community partnerships, and implementing civic programming for 2020 and beyond.
Enough about us. Let's talk about you!
- You're a Project Manager Extraordinaire. We're a fast-paced organization, and you'll be leading the planning and execution of large scale civic engagement initiatives at DoSomething. Attention to detail, ability to juggle competing priorities and experience with flawless project management is your bread and butter.
- You Know How to Scale: You’ve used digital tools to drive offline action at scale. You know how to examine a program at hand and define the areas where we can optimize our operation to expand our reach.
- You Always Get the Job Done. You know how to move an idea from a fleeting thought in a brainstorm to a full-blown experience. You're known as the most driven person your friends know, and you won't leave a stone unturned to get the best result out of the cards you've been drawn.
- Project Management. You'll be responsible for leading the implementation of civic engagement initiatives across multiple departments, developing strategies to hit these goals, day-to-day management, and delivering on tight deadlines.
- Partner Mobilization. You’ll source, lock and support strategic partnerships, including researching, identifying and establishing relationships with influencers and activists beyond social (like IRL).
- Community Engagement. You’ll help DoSomething grow a movement of civically engaged young people across the country on high school and college campuses.
- Advocacy. You'll lead intersectional advocacy initiatives for DoSomething.org, amplifying youth voices and making sure that their POV is heard on a national stage, with an eye on how each campaign can ladder up to civic action.
- Strategy. You'll help create the strategy for all of the above with heavy input from the rest of the civic action and management teams. Nothing at DoSomething is done in a silo; it'll take buy-in and input from members of leadership and the rest of the staff to achieve our civic engagement dreams.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- You have outstanding project management experience. You’ve been responsible for leading a project from conception to execution to evaluation -- whether that’s event planning experience, or leading a large-scale digital campaign. You’re a quick thinker who know how to put out fires (short-term triage) but then reconfigure processes (long-term improvements).
- You have experience building authentic strategic relationships. You are skilled at meeting people where they are. You’ve used Twitter to make an offline connection, you understand professional texting, and you never miss a date. You reach out before events, follow up on each interaction, and keeping in touch with prospects long-term. In short, you have the maturity to build authentic relationships partners while still reflecting the value of DoSomething.org.
- You have excellent communication skills. You’ve lead external-facing communication strategies and efforts, and have direct experience managing social media platforms.
- You have impeccable attention to detail. You will be responsible for collecting, storing, and sharing tons of content related to our members and no detail is too small.
- You’re proactive. You’re an agile self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally. We need someone who can take the work they are given and not only accomplish it, but go the extra mile to make it as creative and professional as possible.
- You’re data-driven. You’ve set up tracking systems necessary to monitor how our tactics are performing and love diving into numbers and data to inform your decisions.
- You believe in ALL young people. You will be ideating and executing national digital and grassroots campaigns and must be comfortable engaging a wide-range of constituencies while living and promoting our culture of diversity and inclusion.
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.