Senior Strategist, DoSomething Strategic
Reports to: Lead Strategist, DoSomething Strategic
DoSomething Strategic is a strategic consultancy built for clients that want to activate young people and fuel meaningful social impact campaigns. We’re the consulting arm of DoSomething.org, one of the largest global organizations for young people and social change. Our clients are for-profit companies, not-for-profit organizations, and foundations. Clients include Microsoft, Nike, Foot Locker, College Board, Feeding America, and the Malala Fund. DoSomething Strategic is an earned income revenue stream for DoSomething.org—all of the profit we generate supports DoSomething.org’s mission.
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We’re hiring a Senior Strategist to join our Strategy team in providing data-driven insights, refreshing creativity, and best-in-class service to our clients.
- Strategic Consulting:
- Build deep understanding of clients’ businesses and their target audiences; articulate challenges & opportunities
- Use smart, insights-driven thinking to address client needs and contribute big ideas to achieve client goals
- Investigate clients’ areas of interest and rigorously explore potential solutions in order to present most effective ideas
- Project Management:
- Create and execute detailed project timelines
- Develop deliverables for clients
- Manage project team to meet all project deadlines
- Client Management & Support:
- Serve as point of contact for a set of assigned clients
- Lead client-facing meetings
- Deliver superior client service and added value at every stage
- Monitor and share trends and inspirations relevant to client projects
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you! You have:
- 4+ years marketing or strategy experience, preferably in a client-facing role
- A passion for social change
- Curiosity about a wide range of subject matters and a voracious consumer of
- culture and information
- An ability to learn about a topic, develop a point of view, and defend it
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders involved
- An inquisitive nature and you take every opportunity to experience new
- things, from food to travel to music to technology
- An entrepreneurial flame
- A solution-oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- A track record of working well as part of a team
- Excellent written & oral communications skills. Really excellent.
- Major Pluses:
- Experience working at an agency (account management or brand planning/insights/strategy) or in a client-facing role
- Understanding of young people: ages 15-30
- Digital marketing experience
- Salary commensurate with a nonprofit scale
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus
- Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day — office closes at 1:30), dynamic office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we might bake you cookies if you do).
- DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic are equal opportunity employers. Obviously.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.