HEAD OF CLIENT SERVICES, DoSomething Strategic
Reports to: Managing Director, DoSomething Strategic
This role will be responsible for the overall agency-client relationship, well-being and growth of the strategy team and agency operations, with expertise in team onboarding, team management and professional development, team coaching, and agency process and resource allocation.
- Managing the Team (65%)
- You will manage the team’s career development paths and map out opportunities for professional growth
- You will provide hands-on coaching and mentoring of the Strategy Team
- You will identify skills gaps among each member of the Strategy Team and address through mentoring, modeling, and other professional development opportunities
- You will provide strong leadership to the Strategy Team to ensure we provide the best client service to our clients
- You will oversee the approach to and creation of deliverables to ensure the highest quality of work
- You will instill confidence throughout the strategy development and execution process, especially during critical periods of uncertainty or compressed timeframes
- You will step in where needed to support the team and take a more active client leadership role, when necessary
- You will ensure the team culture is strong where everyone believes in and lives our core values, and each member of the Strategy Team feels included and valued
- You are responsible for organic growth goals and, as such, will identify and secure organic growth opportunities from existing client partners, and guide the Strategy Team to do the same
- Managing the Operations (35%)
- You will streamline operations and ensure we have the team and tools necessary to provide the best customer experience possible and create the most outstanding strategy deliverables
- You will ensure proper dedication of agency resources in order to effectively support client needs and maintain a proper work-life balance for the Strategy Team, including forecasting hours required for each client project and the hours for each team member
- You will evaluate existing workflow and develop new processes and best practices; and ensure adoption of new systems and play a major role in change management.
- You will work internally to ensure clear roles and responsibilities on the team for each project, as well as educate internal teams to help guide use in new tools and approaches
- You will partner with the Managing Director and New Business Director during the business development process to ensure we are set up / have the skills and time capacity to deliver on all proposals
- You will build operational/onboarding plans to seamlessly ramp-up incoming opportunities and new team members
- You will partner with the Managing Director to forecast billings, revenues, and expenses
- You will partner with the Managing Director and New Business Director to identify the strategic direction for the agency and map out plans for executing required long-term changes as the business grows and evolves.
- You have a strong (8+ years) track record in client service, ideally in an agency or agency-like setting
- You have managed a team—both their work product and their professional development, ideally in an agency or similar client-service setting
- You have strong interpersonal and proven leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and promote enthusiasm
- You are highly organized and thrive on well-laid plans. You approach tasks with a bird’s-eye view and consider the outcome of a project in its totality at the start and then work backwards to ensure every step is mapped out.
- You have a well-formed system to juggle multiple projects and initiatives at once with a goal to minimize errors and inefficiencies..
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ideally, you have experience working on marketing and/or social impact campaigns, including social, digital, creative assets, custom products, and events
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You crush it in Excel, Google Docs (especially Slides), and project management tools
- You have basic revenue management skills
- You are willing to travel 15-20% of the time
Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.