Reports to: Managing Director
TMI is a strategy group that uses data, research, and storytelling to helps clients reach and activate young people (Gens Y & Z). Our clients are some of the biggest brands and not-for-profits in the world, including Google, ESPN, Microsoft, Feeding America, and City Year.
We are fueled by DoSomething.org’s proprietary data from its over 5.5 million members involved in more than 270 of cause initiatives. So, we deeply understand what motivates young people to connect with companies and causes they care about.
Not your typical agency, every project TMI takes on has positive impact on people, the planet, or both — and 100% of TMI’s profits support DoSomething.org.
Do you have an intense drive and energy to make things happen? Do you light up a room with your magnetic personality? Do you have that burning entrepreneurial spirit that makes you want to build something from the ground up?
This is your opportunity to help grow a new kind of agency. One that is allergic to awareness-only campaigns. One that is driven by impact and social good. And one that taps into the power of young people to change the world.
In this role, you will:
- help set the short- and long-term growth strategy for the agency.
- be accountable for meeting or exceeding revenue targets from new client business.
- effectively tell our brand story and grow our client roster.
- manage and grow a qualified new business team as we scale up.
- Your primary responsibility is to source new clients that are perfect for TMI and lock them.
- Execute effective outreach + follow-up programs that establish ongoing dialogue with decision makers that result in meetings/calls
- Work with our Senior Director, Growth & Marketing to develop pitch presentations that show potential clients the power of working with TMI
- Work with our Senior Director, Growth & Marketing to craft proposals that effectively address how our approach addresses the potential client’s problem(s)/need(s)
- Identify and determine viability and structure of new revenue streams for TMI
- Inspire and foster a high-performing culture of growth
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and secure key meetings at such functions
- Work with Advisory Board and DoSomething.org PR team to manage TMI PR activity, including trade press for new clients and key speaking opportunities for CEO of DoSomething.org and Managing Director, TMI
- Plan and/or invite senior executives to TMI & DoSomething.org cultivation events, including the Gala, Summit, and Salons
- Team Development:
- As we grow, additional responsibilities will include:
- Recruit and develop team who will lead the business forward
- Create and ensure the consistent implementation of effective new business outreach processes
- Develop effective benchmarks for optimum team performance
We’re looking for someone who:
- Absolutely LOVES TMI—is fully bought into our mission and naturally puts TMI and the team first
- Is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and build something BIG at TMI
- Has a strong and proven background (7+ years) in business development and exceeding sales targets, ideally in marketing or professional services
- Is an experienced communicator with proven track record of executive outreach
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit with a history of building partnerships from scratch
- Is able to navigate uncertainty and gray area successfully for all parties and lead to desired outcomes
- Is a team player who values collaboration and works well internally
- BONUS: Has a senior-level contacts in the consumer marketing world who are looking to engage young people
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or 6? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Pretty please, no calls.