Reports to: Lead Strategist, TMI
Why you'll fall in love with TMI:
TMI is a strategy group built for clients that want to activate young people and fuel meaningful social impact campaigns. We’re the consulting arm of DoSomething.org, one of the largest global organizations for young people and social change. We are fueled by DoSomething.org’s proprietary data from its over 5.5 million members involved in more than 270 cause initiatives. So, we deeply understand what motivates young people to connect with companies and causes they care about. Our clients are for-profit companies, not-for-profit organizations, and foundations. Clients include Spotify, Feeding America, Microsoft, College Board, Foot Locker, and the Malala Fund.
As a team within DoSomething.org, TMI has all of the benefits of being part of an award-winning 23-year-old not-for-profit while still operating like a fast-growing start-up. If you’re a fan of karaoke, Toto’s “Africa,” passionate people, and getting shit done to have positive impact on people, the planet, or both— check us out at TMIstrategy.org.
With the guidance and support of the Lead Strategist and Senior Strategists, you’ll tackle:
- Strategy & Project Management
- Conduct tons of research to build a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and their target audiences; articulate challenges & opportunities
- Use smart, insight-driven thinking to address client needs and contribute big ideas to achieve client goals
- Geek out over the little things that make a huge difference for our clients
- Develop deliverables for clients (from marketing plans to SMS programs to activate young people around different causes)
- Ensure that all project timelines are met
- Client Management & Support
- Serve as point of contact for a set of assigned clients and provide backup support for other clients
- Deliver superior client service and added value at every stage
- Attend client-facing meetings
- Monitor and share trends and inspirations relevant to client projects
What we're looking for:
- Entry-level to 3 years experience, preferably in a client-facing role
- Extreme attention to detail. Whether proofreading on email, scheduling across time zones, or building an SMS program to activate young people, you work skillfully
- Excellent written & oral communications skills (Really excellent)
- A great team player who can be autonomous when needed
- Prone to see (and seek) solutions, not problems
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Inquisitive by nature and take every opportunity to experience new things, from food to travel to music to technology
- Require no external force to fan their entrepreneurial flame
- Curious about a wide range of subject matters and a voracious consumer of culture and information
- A passion for social change
- Experience working at an agency or tech company (account management, product manager, research or brand planning/insights/strategy) or in a client-facing role
- Experience at research and data-driven work
- Understanding of young people: ages 15-30
- Digital marketing experience
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30); fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do)!
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered by us. Yea, you read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have limitless tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething.org and TMI are equal opportunity employers (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.