Reports to: TMI Strategist
Overview: TMI is the awesome strategy consultancy of DoSomething.org that works with companies, not-for-profits, and governments to help them reach young people and fuel meaningful social change. Check out www.tmistrategy.org for more info on what we do.
In this position, you'll be working with the strategy team on the client services side (research, writing, project management, etc.) supporting our existing projects.
This intern will be required to work 12 hours per week from September 11-December 14. This position is paid $11/hour.
For more information on our internship program like dates and compensation, please visit our internships page.
What you’ll do:
- Research. Whether that means finding trends on teen financial literacy for one of our clients, looking into new social media platforms to inform our work, or researching the background of a new organization/company we’re pitching to, you’ll be expected to not only gather information but to also bring your own ideas/suggestions to the table based on your learnings.
- Writing. We may ask you to do create research summaries that will be sent directly to clients, or to own an email inbox that helps students who are applying to one of our scholarship programs. Either way, you’ll need to be ready and excited to write!
- Creative Ideation. We have regular brainstorms and creative thinking sessions—we expect our interns to bring their creative juices to the table as well! Got a suggestion for an out-of-the-box Snapchat campaign? Awesome. Have a big idea for how we could get students to focus on their mental health in college? We want to hear it.
- Project Execution. This could mean reaching out to high schools to plan surprise events for scholarship winners, helping us organize/process all the checks we send out to our incredible scholarship winners, or developing social media content for our clients. You’ll need to get in the weeds and be a team player to help us execute on our diverse set of client projects.
What you'll learn:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- The day-to-day workings of a strategic consultancy
- Startup life in the not-for-profit world
- How to develop client-facing strategies that fit client goals
What we are looking for:
- Excellent writing and communication skills: solid grammar, ability to convey message clearly, good telephone manner
- Detail-oriented thinker
- Passion for social change
- Enthusiastic personality
- Interest in CSR, marketing, and everything data
- Knowledge of pop culture and the teen trends of the moment
- Be ready and able to produce client-facing documents
- Confident working independently and taking ownership of full projects from start to finish
- Huge plus if you have experience with any of the following:
- Social media implementation for a brand/company
- Working at an agency or in another client-facing situation
- Please send the following application. Any application that doesn't follow directions will be immediately disqualified. (Harsh, right?)
- Cover letter
- Contact information for two references at the bottom of your cover letter
Please, no calls.