Business Development Manager
Reports to: VP, Business Development
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5.5million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 24-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years experience closing deals in a fundraising or sales role to join the business development team, which has the awesome responsibility of creating partnerships with top brands to create impactful campaigns that fund DoSomething.org. You would be an essential part of this team.
You are passionate about social change and DoSomething.org’s mission in particular, but also have a killer instinct and deep ambition to succeed in pitching, securing, and closing deals.
What you’ll do:
- New Corporate Partnerships. Reach out to and secure new corporate partners for DoSomething that are on-brand and care about cause. This is priority for this role!
- Sponsor Management. Manage relationships with existing DoSomething sponsors ensuring they feel the love and are well-represented internally at the DoSomething office.
- Event Support. Help the biz dev team and organization at-large plan for major events such as the spring gala, annual meeting, quarterly advisory board meetings, DS upfront, etc.
- Foundations. Work with the Biz Dev team to research and cultivate relationships with public and private foundations.
- Seriously self-driven and determined to reach goals. You are ambitious. You don’t settle. And can think creatively on the spot.
- Keep it cool and get things done. You’re a well-organized multi-tasker—without stressing out. DoSomething is super fun and fast-paced, and that means you need to be able to react and execute quickly.
- Extreme attention to detail. Whether proofreading on email, scheduling across time zones, or creating a project budget, you work skillfully and swiftly.
- You can spark and maintain a conversation with anyone. An outgoing personality is a must. If your friends wouldn’t describe you as energetic, this is not the job for you.
- Incredible follow-through. You live for ‘thank you’ notes. When you bump into someone and say, ‘we should grab coffee sometime,’ you schedule that coffee within the week!
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written!). You have the ability to convey message clearly. You’re a powerful writer who makes points concisely, have solid command of rules of grammar while understanding what it means to be on-brand with DoSomething (Relevant! Inspiring! Never just meh!).
- You don’t get intimidated. You know when to talk and when to listen. You’re comfortable working with very important people; you’ll pick up the phone and cold-call a CEO without question… and know what to say to get their attention!
- You speak our language. Beyond the typical biz dev work, you have knowledge of pop culture, social change, and the teen trends of the moment.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30) fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do)!
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered by DoSomething. Yea, you read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have limitless tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.