Reports to: Head of Campaigns
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5.5million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 24-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone to manage all of our civic engagement initiatives, ensuring that young people’s voices are heard by our government and that we are running campaigns that mobilize young people to act, advocate, protest, attend town hall meetings, get out the vote and everything in between.
Enough about us. Let's talk about you!
- You know everything there is to know about how the government works (but you still smile on a regular basis) and you understand how young people can affect change in that arena.
- Most importantly, you get the job done. You’re nothing short of a complete badass.
- Advocacy. You lead advocacy initiatives for DoSomething.org, amplifying youth voices and making sure that their POV is heard on a national stage.
- Mobilization. You decide when DoSomething needs to participate in events that are happening (say, in the Women’s March), lead when no one else is stepping up, or actually sit this one out.
- Campaigns. You run campaigns for DoSomething and in conjunction with our partners and sponsors, always with an eye on how each campaign can ladder up to civic action.
- College Campus Coordination. You oversee our college campus activists and help connect them to each other and to our current DoSomething campaign initiatives
- Bootcamps. While mostly using digital technologies to connect, DoSomething also holds day-long civic action bootcamps in cities across the country. You will coordinate and oversee all aspects of the bootcamps from location and registration to curriculum and partnerships.
- Management. You will manage awesome college and high school interns.
- Strategy. You create the strategy for all of the above with heavy input from the management team.
- Advocacy. You know how it's done. You’ve either worked at an NGO and had policy wins or you’ve been in government and seen it from the inside. Or you just happen to be one of the founders of Black Lives Matter. That would be awesome, too.
- A big campaign win. You have previously led a group of people to make a measurable success on a social change campaign. This could be as an activist or a professional or on the side.
- Experience developing creative ideas. You have previously managed ideas from research to execution. You dream weird, wonderful things in your sleep...and awake.
- Partnership experience. You have overseen partnerships with major organizations.
- Youth expertise. You understand what makes young people tick and love being immersed in youth pop culture.
- A major news addiction. You know who breaks news on Twitter in different political spaces because you live & breathe this stuff. Massive plus if you’ve cultivated a tribe of followers on any of the social media channels.
- Experience. If you’ve worked on this stuff for 20 years, awesome. If you’re a newbie but you’re the smartest & most strategic person you know, great. We’re open to different levels of experience and seniority for this role.
- The ability to mobilize 5.5 million young people to change the world (need we say more?!)
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). Plus, no work on your birthday, Valentine’s day, and you get a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a Gong, disco ball, brownie bake-offs, spontaneous Hamilton references, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Five different ways of making coffee. Maybe six? We're losing count. That many.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.