Reports to: Lead Strategist, TMI
Why you'll fall in love with TMI:
TMI is a strategy group that helps brands and organizations—including ESPN, Microsoft, Feeding America, and City Year—harness the power of young people to drive social change. We are fueled by DoSomething.org’s proprietary data from its over 5.5 million members involved in more than 270 cause initiatives. So, we deeply understand what motivates young people to connect with companies and causes they care about.
Every project TMI takes on has positive impact on people, the planet, or both — and 100% of TMI’s profits support DoSomething.org. Sounds pretty remarkable, huh? Yep. Keep reading!
What you'll do here:
Strategy & Project Management
- Build deep understanding of clients’ businesses and their target audiences; articulate challenges & opportunities
- Use smart, insight-driven thinking to address client needs and contribute big ideas to achieve client goals
- Develop deliverables for clients
- Ensure that all project timelines are met
Client Management & Support
- Serve as point of contact for a set of assigned clients and provide backup support for other clients
- Deliver superior client service and added value at every stage
- Attend client-facing meetings
- Monitor and share trends and inspirations relevant to client projects
What we're looking for:
- 1-3 years marketing strategy experience, preferably in a client-facing role
- Passion for social change
- Curious about a wide range of subject matters and a voracious consumer of culture and information
- Inquisitive by nature and take every opportunity to experience new things, from food to travel to music to technology
- Require no external force to fan their entrepreneurial flame
- Prone to see (and seek) solutions, not problems
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- A great team player who can be autonomous when needed
- Excellent written & oral communications skills. Really excellent.
- Experience working at an agency (account management or brand planning/insights/strategy) or in a client-facing role
- Understanding of young people: ages 15-30
- Digital marketing experience
- Research and data-driven
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30) fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do)!
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered by us. Yea, you read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have limitless tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething.org and TMI are equal opportunity employers (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.